Thursday, March 24, 2005

A step forward....literally

Well today's training session with peaches went really well. I got the halter on BY myself....It only took like 15 minutes! BUT I did it and that is all that matters. I got her isolated in the pen to work on her. She walked more than she stood still so that is an improvement. I got her to walk quite a few circles with me without too many pauses (when she plants her feet to the ground and wont budge). When she "pauses" i pull her head around by the halter and push her hind end over so she HAS to move. Not sure if this is the correct way to do things, but it gets her to keep walking with me :). She did have some spasy jumpy throwing her head moments today, but I think she is starting to realize that I don't like that crap! One of my BIGGEST pet peeves about horses, is if they pull on you while you are walking. I hate it, so when she starts to jump around and being stupid I automatically click on the "I HATE THAT" mode and do a quick jerk on the halter and she'll stop. (and no it doesnt hurt her, I wouldn't do that). I'm gonna go out tomorrow and do the same thing I did today....Brandi is gonna go out with me. It really is impossible to go out by yourself and expect to get ahold of your cow and THEN get it by itself! ha! Anyways more updates soon. OH and she looked AB FAB in her new halter :)
kim~

No comments: